The Pirates invited the kids in CCChampions to the 2nd Annual Pediatric Cancer Awareness Night game -- and they got the full superhero treatment!
Our kids first got to shave some of the players' heads, and then they all headed onto the field to get their superhero capes! The kids & their families stuck around for the game and got to sit in the Pirates Charities World Series Suites!
A few highlights:
- Steven Brault, Jameson Taillon, and Jose Osuna helped Isabella (aka Wonder Woman) feel like a superhero at the game last night!
(Isabella wants to be a ballerina and is matched with ballerina Patsy)
- Kristie got to cut Chris Stewart's and Elias Diaz's hair! She even got a Pirates Parrot photobomb in there!
(Kristie wants to be a police detective and is matched with Detective Becky)
- Yaheim got his superhero cape on the field from Trevor Williams!
(Yaheim wants to be an athlete or a police officer and is matched with JT Thomas of the Steelers and Officer Brewer)
- Sean had his first taste in front of the camera!
(Sean wants to be a sports broadcaster and is matched with Pirates broadcaster Joe Block)
- David, Camden, & Avery cut the hair of some of the Pirates' executives! Look at those smiles!
(David wants to be a basketball player and is matched with Cam Johnson)
(Camden loves robots and is matched with Little Champ Julie Baran)
(Avery wants to be a princess and is matched with Little Champs Nicole & Izzy)